The Federal Trade Commission was established in 1914 by the Federal Trade Commission Act. Its principal mission is to protect consumers against unfair or deceptive acts or practices in commerce.
You can file a complaint with them quickly and with very little effort. The form even includes an option to check if you have not gotten a refund, so if you feel you have been getting the runaround from Webshots / Smile / Threefold Photos this is your opportunity to take action. They do not resolve individual complaints, but if they detect patterns of wrong-doing they will investigate. The higher the number of complaints against Threefold Photos, the better the chance of a formal investigation. I’ve provided step-by-step instructions, so it should only take 15 – 30 minutes to complete.
This is the online form you will use to submit your complaint: FTC Complaint Assistant
You will need the following company information:
Company Name: Threefold Photos / Narendra Rocherolle
Company Address: 200 Tamal Plaza, Corte Madera, CA 94925
Company Phone: (415) 891-3264
Company Website: http://www.webshots.com/
Step 1: Let’s Get Started –
1) Contact Information: Enter your contact information
2) Select Yes or No to the Armed Forces question
3) Select a type of complaint from their list. None looked applicable, so I chose ‘Other – None of these describe my concern.’
4) What type of company are you complaining about? Select ‘Computer Hardware/Software’ then ‘Software’
5) Which of these best describes your situation. Select ‘Other’
6) Did you experience any of the following? Check ‘Company has failed to honor refund policy’ AND ‘Other’
7) Do you know name of company/individual? Select ‘Yes’
Step 2: Tell us about the Company –
1) Enter company information
Step 3: Tell us More about your Complaint –
1) I answered question 1,2 & 4 but fill in whatever you think is appropriate.
Step 4: Consumer Information
1) Same as Contact Information
Step 5: Provide additional information about your Complaint –
This is where you have the option to provide additional details about the company’s actions.
Last Step: Review and Submit Details.
You will receive a confirmation email after you submit your complaint.